The Wonderful World Of Autoresponders
Have you been poking around a website, maybe Bob’s Vacuum Cleaners, filled out a little interest form about a vacuum cleaner you wanted, and immediately received a personalized email welcoming you to Bob’s vacuuming family? If you answered no, then this blog is for you! If you answered yes, then this blog is definitely for you! Congratulations! You were introduced to Bob’s autoresponder!
So what is it? As a business, it’s a marketing tool that will automatically send messages out for you to people who are interested in you or your product/service. It’s a great way to keep in touch with your prospects and customers, and it’s one of the best returns on a marketing investment for your business that you will ever get. Basically, they are pre-designed emails that are sent when triggered by your audience’s actions.
Turning your visitors into customers When people you don’t know visit your website for the first time, the best ways to start a communication line with these visitors is to offer them something of value in exchange for them giving you their name and email address. This can be a free consultation, a coupon, a trial offer or anything the visitor might perceive as valuable. Once a visitor has subscribed to your autoresponder, you can begin a campaign to nurture them into a paying customer.
- Make them feel welcome! Set up an autoresponder for new subscribers to your blog and/or website.
- Give them suggestions! Use your analytics to track what they like, and make suggestions for other purchases.
- Personalize it! Using the data collected on your contact, make the message feel personal by using their name.
- The Final Countdown! Send reminders to event attendees that it’s almost time for that webinar, or big in-store promotion to start.
Show your subscribers around! You don’t need to make your autoresponses bland, show your fans around a little bit! You can direct readers to your blog, website, Youtube channel, and social media. All of these channels should be displaying information about your business that viewers will find helpful. If your business has what the people want, they will want to know how to get it, and an autoresponder message can direct them to exactly what they need to make the buying decision.
One amusing example involved the well-known store, Target, in early 2012. By using a combination of data-collection, analysis and automated response, Target unwittingly informed a teenage girl’s parents of her pregnancy before the daughter had a chance to tell said parents. How? By analyzing certain products she purchased, associating related products in the form of coupons (which in this case, happened to be baby products), and sent the coupons in an automated response to the family. Since this system was implemented, Target’s revenue has grown by more than 50 percent.
Here are some other interesting numbers...
- 55% of consumers prefer “money off” emails from brands they subscribe to.
- 49% of consumers subscribe to 1-10 brands, 43% subscribe to 11+.
- 34% of consumers are ok with receiving 6 emails a day from brands they trust.
- The average conversion rate for Abandoned Shopping Cart emails decreases steadily within the first hour from 5.2% to 3.6%.
Wrapping it up When you have such a great marketing tool at your disposal, why wouldn't you use it? With the eMerge platform you can not only set up autoresponder emails, but you can also track the results of those emails through your reports. Give them your personal touch with customized templates & images, set up as many as you need for capturing information & guiding action. Just remember to keep it within reason, follow the tips from the professionals at eMerge, and soon you're business will be growing online.
To find out more about the eMerge platform, visit our website at www.easyemerge.com, or www.realemerge.com for real estate professionals. You can also give us a call at 888.639.9323.